Why Leading Industries Are Investing in Interoperability
By Paula Quiroz
Interoperability is an integral part of business.
With remote and hybrid work making the workplace more global and interconnected, interoperability provides key business benefits.
So, what is interoperability?
Interoperability is the process of instantly connecting and exchanging information between various computerized products and systems. Interoperability allows organization leaders and decision makers to be more proactive instead of reactive in their planning.
Some of the benefits of interoperability include but are not limited to:
- Decision makers may be able to make informed decisions with more access to more accurate data.
- Interoperability allows for improved experiences by tailoring services to incorporate information gained from interoperable tools.
- Interoperability solutions offer ways of preventing error by making it possible to share data across systems and applications.
Leading Industries are already using interoperability solutions:
- Interoperability in the metaverse is the ability to unify economies, avatars, and systems across virtual worlds.
- Interoperability in healthcare is the ability to integrate patients’ healthcare records from different providers and medical record systems–significantly improving patient care and safety.