2019 Hot Vendors: 5 Hot Questions, Answered
by Katie Woodford
We just wrapped up the end of the year honoring 2018’s Hot Vendor, Innovation, and Women in Tech award recipients at Transform 18, but it’s that time of year again to open this year’s Hot Vendor nominations.
As we search for 2019’s contenders, we answer your top five hot questions about Hot Vendors.
1. What Is a Hot Vendor?
Hot Vendors fit the following criteria:
- Emerging: Hot Vendors are up-and-coming, often smaller providers that don’t yet have the high market awareness or far reach of a longstanding market leader.
- Innovative: Hot Vendors have a new technology that expands capabilities or a new way of doing business that makes them worth evaluating.
- Disruptive: Because of their new strategies, Hot Vendors have the potential to influence, open up, or redefine markets.
2. What’s the Difference Between a Hot Vendor and an Innovator?
While Hot Vendors represent the emerging players in a market, Aragon’s Innovation Award is awarded to category standouts, players that have a best-in-class technology or service that differentiates them in their respective market.
For a reference of what makes an Innovator, head to 2018’s press release and watch our on-demand webinar for a deep dive on each of our award categories: Hot Vendors, Innovators, and Women in Tech.
P.S. Stay tuned for Innovation and Women in Tech nominations—they’ll open February 21st, 2019.
3. How Are Hot Vendors Chosen?
Aragon Research begins a nomination process early in the year—a.k.a now!
Companies or PR firms can nominate themselves or their clients by February 20th, 2019. Additionally, Aragon analysts will conduct their own research to nominate potential Hot Vendors.
All award submissions are then assessed and winners are chosen by Aragon Research using objective research and industry standards. A few key questions that Hot Vendor hopefuls should be able to answer include:
- What’s hot about your technology, service, or way of doing business?
- How are you different than other providers in the market?
- How are you making an impact?
4. Can You Be Named a Hot Vendor More Than Once?
The quick answer is no, Hot Vendors can only be selected once, which is why we recommend you make that recognition count. Providers are rarely recognized as a Hot Vendor more than once, but an exception is if a provider offers a brand new solution in a market that the provider was previously not established in.
The good news for our past Hot Vendors is that Aragon’s additional award categories—Innovation and Women in Tech—will open up to nominations in February. We encourage previous Hot Vendors to nominate themselves for these awards instead.
5. What Are the Benefits to Being a Hot Vendor?
Which brings us to the value you get from being recognized by independent thought leadership. Previous Hot Vendors—which include Box, DocuSign, and LogMeIn, among other notable players—have gone on to achieve great success in their markets. Hot Vendors benefit from increased recognition from their peers, increased market awareness and credibility, and increased lead generation.
Plus, all 2019 Hot Vendors will be invited to Transform 19, Aragon’s annual awards ceremony and networking event, to be formally recognized for their achievement and for a chance to briefly speak about what makes their company hot.
To capitalize on the recognition you receive from becoming a Hot Vendor, we recommend that award winners build a Hot Vendor awareness campaign by issuing a press release, licensing the report and video for content marketing and lead generation purposes, and celebrating success on social media.
Now Accepting 2019 Nominations
Think you have what it takes to be a 2019 Hot Vendor? Submit your nomination now.