The Most Frequently Asked Questions about the Digital Workspace
By Paula Quiroz
With the need for remote and hybrid work solutions, many businesses and organizations have had to rethink how they view the workspace.
Industry leaders have pivoted towards the digital workspace to help modernize their operations, security, and more. In this article you’ll find answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the digital workspace.
What is a digital workspace?
To begin, the digital workspace is more than just making remote work possible for employees.
A digital workspace is the set of tools a business uses to centralize all of its applications and desktops. This workspace allows various types of employees to be productive, access resources, and work securely from any place.
Is a digital workspace the same as a digital workplace?
No, although a workspace and a workplace are at times mistakenly used interchangeably in conversation. However, the workplace and workspace are distinctly different.
The workplace is where employees go to work: a traditional business office, an employee’s home, or even a cafe on a tropical island.
The workspace, however, is where employees do their work. Digital workspace tools include:
- Virtual desktops and applications
- Automation tools
- Collaboration tools
- Secure access software
Who benefits from a digital workspace?
Various types of employees from every industry benefit from a strong digital workspace. For instance:
- A well established digital workspace will allow temporary contract workers (e.g., consultants) to work on projects on company owned devices that restrict access to apps or information that are not related to them–while still giving them access to the resources they need and have permission to use.
- Remote employees who may often need to travel to various sites (e.g home care providers with multiple patients), can also leverage digital workspaces to have secure access to sensitive resources and information when they need it.
- Employees who need to travel often (e.g., salespeople) may benefit from a digital workspace that allows them to work securely from any place.
What are some of the benefits of a digital workspace?
Employees and employers alike benefit from a well established digital workspace. Some benefits include:
- Enhanced flexibility
- Higher levels of productivity and collaboration
- Better employee retention rates
- Reduced operation costs
Aragon Research helps businesses across all industries choose the digital workplace technologies that support their specific needs, with the goal of automating manual processes and allowing innovation to thrive.
Schedule Your Initial Free Analyst Inquiry Today!
Using Modern Technology to Improve Employee Experience
Improve Employee Productivity in 2022
The Impact of Intelligence on Customer and Employee Experiences
Have a Comment on this?