Intelligent Content Analytics for the Modern Enterprise
by Nicole Speciale
What Is Intelligent Content Analytics (ICA) and What Is Its Impact?
ICA is a business category that goes beyond the traditional store-and-secure approach to content management to enable actionable insights using modern artificial intelligence technologies. A primary goal of ICA is to help enterprises operate more efficiently and grow revenue with less risk.
Since unstructured content is a large source of underutilized information, it is important to find ways to tap into these resources. This is where ICA comes in. Today, enterprises are faced with large volumes and varieties of business content to analyze and manage. Furthermore, enterprises must be able to quickly find and analyze information stored within content. Without these capabilities, enterprises will struggle to remain competitive.
The Three Levels of Analytics
Descriptive analytics provides insights into historical or current visible data (mean, median, mode, largest, etc.). It is precise.
Predictive analytics uses statistical algorithms and a set of assumptions about the data to identify the likelihood or probability of future outcomes or missing values based on historical data patterns.
Prescriptive analytics builds on predictive analytics but goes further and recommends actions.
ICA Platforms (ICAPs)
Intelligent content analytics platforms (ICAPs) are a new category of enterprise application that discovers, creates, and leverages insights from structured and unstructured data. The basic capabilities for all intelligent content analytics platforms are:
- Discovery – of abstract concepts and their relationships
- Classification – of the content by concept, and of concepts by higher level (more abstract) concepts
- Representation – of the concepts in a format that can be searched and analyzed in a consistent manner, regardless of how they were represented in the input source (text, image, etc.)
- Association – analyzing the content and the concepts for relationships, and organizing them accordingly and dynamically
- Reporting – on-demand and ad hoc reports based on the concepts associated with each business content item
- 4 Ways to Use Intelligent Content Analytics for a Competitive Advantage, Aragon Research’s free eBook on ICA
- Hot Vendors™ in Intelligent Content Analytics for Voice, a research note that identifies three emerging providers
- Hot Use Cases for Intelligent Content Analytics, a blog post that dives into key applications of ICA
- Our coverage page for enterprise content management and ICA
Have a Comment on this?