DBPs for the Age of Digital Transformation
by Nicole Speciale
Enterprise progress in the digital age is contingent upon several key factors that are taken into account for digital business platforms (DBPs). These factors include coordinating goals and work efficiency, supporting collaboration and communication, and seamlessly managing interactions between people, software, and machines.
From AI to IoT: Five Major Pieces of DBP Architecture
Enterprises seeking to enhance productivity and their standing as a digital enterprise should be familiar with the architecture of DBPs.
Here are the five major platforms encompassed by a digital business platform:
1. Process and Work Management: Process management supports the sequence of events and parallel computing.
2. Analytics and Cognition: Business intelligence (BI), decision management, predictive analytics, natural language, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI) are included in this platform.
3. Integration and Development: Several features fall into this platform, such as data integration, system integration, robotic process automation (RPA), and low-code development.
4. Internet of Things (IoT): This platform helps manage interconnected devices, including sensors, signal aggregators, chips/boards, robots, and more.
5. Application: Prepackaged software, models, blueprints, frameworks, and others in this vein are included in this platform.
Essential DBP Requirements: Knowing What’s Right for Your Enterprise
Ultimately, DBPs are here to enhance organizational productivity and outcomes. They are becoming increasingly important as digital transformation takes center stage, and therefore, enterprises need to be aware of what to look for in a potential provider.
DBPs must offer seamless performance and adaptability, handle variable and extreme speeds, effectively coordinate interactions between humans, software, and machines, and support various forms of data and content. Additionally, they must be able to quickly incorporate emerging technologies so that enterprises can quickly gain the benefits of leveraging new offerings.
Since the DBP market is still emerging, many of these offerings are not complete yet. However, there are still basic functions that potential providers should offer so that optimal business outcomes are supported.
Aragon Research recently released its Hot Vendors for Digital Business Platforms for 2018, which outlines several key players in the DBP market. This report provides a deeper dive into DBPs and vendors worth considering.
For more information on digital business platforms and other relevant topics, head to the below resources:
Have a Comment on this?