What is Sales Enablement? How Can It be Used to Improve Sales Results?
By Paula Quiroz
The question many leaders ask is: What is sales enablement?
However, the question shouldn’t be: What is enablement? It should be: How do we build a strong and effective sales enablement strategy?
Let’s begin with the definition of enablement:
Sales enablement involves providing the sales team with the best information, content, and tools that allow them to engage buyers and sell more effectively.
From training to creating and delivering the right content at the right time, there’s a lot that goes into making sales initiatives a success.
To develop a strong sales enablement strategy:
- Define sales objectives and key performance indicators
- Place a strong emphasis on the buyer experience
- Listen to your sales team’s needs and create high-quality content to meet these needs
- Make sales training a continuous effort
- Ensure sales is leveraging all of the content and training they are being provided
Sales Enablement Tools and Resources may look like:
- Content that sales will provide to the buyer
- Collateral bank of the best practices, research and tools that sales will consume internally
- Continuous training and skill development
Why is sales enablement important?
The right sales enablement resources and strategy sets up the sales team to achieve better sales results. A good strategy will allow the sales team to cut down on costs and time.
Aragon Research helps business across all industries build a sales enablement plan to meet their specific needs.
Check out our blog to stay up to date on the latest research and trends!